We're Here to Help You!
For fundraising advice, tips and essential information read our
Breakdown of Costs:
Volunteers who participate in the annual Volunteer Programme have an individual target of €2,600. This must be lodged to the UCDVO account in accordance with the timeline below.
Please note, the distribution of these funds differs according to each project location depending on flight costs, visa requirements, internal transport requirements, project activities, fluctuations in exchange rates etc., therefore the breakdown provided below is an average figure based on the previous financial year. In all cases, UCDVO aims to maximise the funds available for project activities and minimise the allocation of funds on participation costs.
- Average volunteer participation costs based on 2016 figures: €1,400 - flights, accommodation, visas, insurance, local transport, and training
- Average project costs based on 2016 figures: €1,200 - these funds are allocated to the costs of the projects volunteers are working on, i.e. construction of schools, houses, educational resources, physiotherapy equipment etc.
* Please note there are other personal costs to volunteers which are not included in the above target, such as travel vaccinations, anti-malaria medication and other medical supplies, doctor's cert to show fitness to travel, suitable clothing and equipment for working on project sites. These costs are covered personally by the individual and are not covered by fundraising.
Volunteer Lodgement Dates:
- €350 due by 2nd December 2016
- €750 due by 27th January 2017
- €500 due by 24th February 2017
- €600 due by 31st March 2017
- €400 due by 31st May 2017
If volunteers manage to raise over their target, the additional funds will be taken into account when considering ways to develop UCDVO's projects further.
Set up a personal fundraising page via the UCDVO Altruism Ireland page. Find set-up instructions and guidelines on Altruism Ireland
If you are struggling to reach your fundraising target and would like some advice from past volunteers, you can email Michael on email@example.com or drop into the Volunteer Office on campus - located beside Readers Cafe in the Library Building. You can also check out more fundraising ideas here.