As a charity seeking donations from the public, UCD Volunteers Overseas aims to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in UCD Volunteers Overseas.
We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
• Be informed of UCDVO’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
• Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board and the organisation’s structure and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
• Have access to UCDVO’s most recent audited financial statements.
• Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
• Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
• Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
• Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
• Have easily available agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
• Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
• UCDVO will not share your information with any third parties. Should you ever wish to have your name deleted from a UCDVO mailing or distribution list, UCDVO will respect that request.